Friday, April 29, 2005

Progress

After an extended blogging hiatus I am happy to report that we have progress on the raglan cardi. Said cardi now has sleeves and is completed up to the bound off neckline. Next comes the button bands and the collar. I am not thrilled with the job I did grafting the stitches under the arms, but I think I can live with some imperfection and continue on to the finish line, that illusive FO status. If you scroll down you will see the cardi striking a pose (she's feeling a little saucy since she got blocked), and the detail of the ribbing I added to the back and front to give a little shaping. I borrowed the ribbing idea from a pattern in Lily Chin's The Urban Knitter.

I have started a sock with a lace panel on the front, which I very much wanted to share a picture of. Unfortunately my camera decided to be obstinate and all the shots I took of the sock were blurred. The pictures of the cardi aren't very sharp either, but they were better than those of the sock. I have put the camera on notice that it had better shape up or face replacement, we will see if that improves its behaviour.

DS's team has their second baseball game tonight, and I think that means I need to start a third WIP, something that requires little attention to detail. Perhaps a wrap with some of my homespun....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous. I can't wait to see you model that saucy cardi. Good luck with your other projects and the always challenging technology.

SP

Anonymous said...

My favorite colors! It is looking good. Can't wait to see it up close!