Wednesday, August 31, 2005

a new project

I started this silk raglan pullover last weekend. This photo shows the back. I have the stitches for the back and front on holders and am starting to knit the first sleeve. This yarn is 100% silk that I picked up from the bargain bin at one of the LYSs about a year ago. I love the colors, the rose shades to lavender and then to blue and back, reminds me of sunset. This yarn is not easy to knit though, as it has absolutely no stretch. My swatch after washing and drying was soft and had a lovely drape, so I think it will be worth the effort. My plan is for a top down raglan with a V-neckline and 3/4 sleeves. I hope this will make a nice late summer to fall transition piece.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's lovely. I can't wait to see more of it.

KRSP