Wednesday, November 30, 2005

mittens

Psst, psst.... anybody there? I've been away for a long time, I hope someone will come visit, now that I'm back. See those mittens? That is my first ever pair of mittens, and I'm pretty darn proud of them. I knitted them for Nona's Peaceful Palms KAL. I started with Elizabeth Zimmerman's mitered mittens pattern, and increased for the thumb so I could have a snugger fit than the original pattern. (Maybe I'll try a pair of gloves next.)

I also knit a cap, and plan to knit a matching scarf. I enjoyed using this yarn, heavy worsted weight, 55% mohair and 45% wool, hand dyed by a nearby yarn shop, The Spinnery, in Frenchtown, NJ.

I've started a pair of socks, and finally finished the Raglan Cardi, which I enjoyed wearing on my Thanksgiving vacation (pictures soon). It's nice to be back.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to have you back! I was beginning to wonder about you.

KRSP

Anonymous said...

PS Really cute mittens

KRSP

Anonymous said...

Oh! Those are gorgeous! I love the colors, I imagined the colorway differently. They are very sophisticated looking. Glad your back!

Anonymous said...

Great mittens! I love both the colors and the pattern. Thanks for being part of the Peaceful Palms Knit Along!

Ruth said...

I'm with Margene ... the pattern does look a bit like the Jaywalkers, and works so well on the mittens. Great job!