Tuesday, January 10, 2006

one sock, two socks


Old socks, new sock (with apologies to Dr. Seuss). I love that book, don't you? These are my old socks, aka the recently finished ones. I love the way the toe shaping fits my foot. I don't like the heel shaping, it's a little loose for me. I will have to tweak it a bit if I use this heel again. This yarn was very nice to work with, unfortunately I have misplaced the ball band and the only thing I can remember is that the yarn was called Applebutter and that it has some mohair content.

The stats
Pattern: Lichen Ribbed Sock by Nancy Bush
Yarn: see confession above
Cast on: 12-22-05
cast off: 01-07-06


As soon as these were finished, I cast on for another pair, this time using the Madder Ribbed Sock pattern. You may remember this, well, I enjoyed my first pair of top down socks so much that I frogged this baby to use the yarn for the current project. Cast on late on Saturday,this picture is of the progress made to date.

I'm going to pull the silk sweater I started last fall out of storage and see if I can make some progress on it. Knitters can live on socks alone, but I like sweaters too.


Loka Samasta Sukhino Bavantu
May all beings everywhere be happy and free

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey mama love you posted at school 2/28/06