Wednesday, January 10, 2007

new year...



...new camera, new years resolution, enough said.

We had a snow shower this morning, the first one of this winter. This is what it looked like from my front door at about 9:00.

When the snow slowed down I gathered my courage and drove across the river to our weekly knitting circle. Being a transplanted southern girl I used to be a big chicken about driving in any kind of wintry precipitation. This being my third winter in Pennsylvania, and armed with my all wheel drive Pacifica (love that car), I felt like an intrepid explorer as I ventured forth onto the snowy roads. Mostly I was motivated to brave the elements because I really wanted to show off my new sweater.

Pattern: my own, based on the Dropped Saddle Shoulder design in Barbara Walker's Knitting from the Top.

Yarn: Berocco Ultra Alpaca. This picture does not do justice to the color, which is a softly heathered plum.

New technique learned: cables with no cable needle. I had tried before, without success, until I found the instruction here: http://wendyknits.net/knit/cablelesson.htm
Thanks Wendy, your instructions are great!

This is my all time favorite sweater right now, I really love it. All the snow was gone by the time I drove home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I wish I could see the sweater detail a little better. The fit looks fantastic though. I would love to see another photo maybe taken outside if it is sunny just so I can get a load of the detailing. I am happy you love it!!